Monday, February 28, 2005

Spring Break Week!

Ahhh, Spring Break...

One of the perks of being a professor is spring break week. All of the students head out, there are no classes to be taught, and half of the staff seems to go on vacation as well. You would think that this would be an excellent chance for me to catch up on a lot of things that I have been meaning to do all semester, but haven't been able to.

I'll let you know how that goes at the end of this week. ;-)

This weekend was relaxing for a change...maybe it was because I knew I had this whole week to get stuff done, and therefore didn't bring any work home at all. Friday night the wife and I cat-sit for some friends who were out of town. Now, normally I don't consider myself a cat person. Every cat that my family has ever owned has been sort of stand-offish and aloof, so I have always considered cats to be somewhat boring. What fun is a pet if you can't play with it and have it do stuff with you?

In any case, this cat is still in the kitten phase, so it is a ton of fun. It runs, it jumps, it plays, and it fetches! I have no idea if it will grow up and morph into a boring aloof cat, but right now, this little guy is a lot of fun.

I always considered myself a dog person, and I still would like to get a dog someday (someday soon, I hope). Our current living situation doesn't allow for a dog, though, and since I don't see our living situation changing (damn expensive Boston housing market! But I digress...) anytime soon, I guess I will continue to be dog-less. I really would like to get some animal though, since they allegedly are very good at reducing stress.

Saturday we spent poking around...Lunch with my sister, then wandering around various places spending money on various things. I had some birthday money to spend, and I managed to finally find a place that had iPod Shuffles in stock. For those not in the know, the iPod shuffle is a very cool, very tiny music player from Apple. Now, I already have a regular iPod, but the shuffle weighs in at less than an ounce, and I told myself that it would be the catalyst that would get me to start going to the gym again. Again, check in with me at the end of the week to see if I kept that goal...

Lastly, yesterday I went to friends house to watch the Extended Edition of the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie. All 4 hours and 15 minutes of it. It kicks ass, especially on a nice big screen high-def TV life my buddy has in his living room. We were originally planning to geek it out hardcore and watch all three extended edition movies in order, but then we realized that was over 12 hours of sitting on our asses, and that, while we are big geeks, we may not be that big...Maybe some other time when we have 12+ hours to kill...

So here I am, Monday morning of Spring Break week...Let's see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home