Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ABC Meme

I am going to jump on this even later than La Lecturess

Accent: *I* don't think that I have one, but several people I know tell me that I sound like a Philadelphian at times. Especially with the pronunciation of 'water', which I am told I pronounce 'wooter'. That annoys me, as I have never been a fan of the Philadelphia accent. (Sorry to all of you Philadelphians out there reading).

Booze: Hmmmm. I don't actually drink that often, and when I do, it is often unfortunately to excess. I guess the most memorable of these events involves mojitos. Really strong mojitos. Mojitos it is.

Chore I Hate: Scrubbing really crusty caked on grime on pots and pans.

Dog or Cat: Definitely dogs.

Essential Electronics: Cell phone, laptop, iPod, GPS nav system.

Favorite Cologne(s): Don't typically wear it, but Chanel for men if I do.

Gold or Silver: Gold.

Hometown: Increasingly Upscale Town, PA.

Insomnia: Nope. I love to sleep, and generally sleep quite well unless I am very, very stressed.

Job Title: Assistant Professor.

Kids: I agree with Lecturess: I can barely take care of myself.

Living arrangements: Single-family home.

Most admirable trait: I think I am an intensely loyal person.

Number of sexual partners: What, kiss and tell? Don't think so.

Overnight hospital stays: A few. First grade, a smattering of times since then. Mostly healthy.

Phobias: I don't know if I have anything that I would categorize as a phobia. I generally have a fear or an uneasiness about the unknown, and have a tendency to overanalyze things, which can lead to 'analysis paralysis'. Is that more of a neurosis than a phobia? Alright then, I also fear death and failure.

Quote: "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." Carl Sagan

Religion: Lapsed Catholic.

Siblings: One younger sister.

Time I wake up: I usually wake up between 5:30 AM and 6:30 AM, which I hate. I usually get up on work days between 7 and 8 AM.

Unusual talent or skill: Does making plasma count?

Vegetable I refuse to eat: A toss up between brussel sprouts and lima beans.

Worst habit: I get frustrated fairly easily and have a tendency to swear at inanimate objects. I also overanalyze, which I may have mentioned before.

X-rays: Ankle, right arm, teeth.

Yummy foods I make: Glazed pork chops. Pumpkin pie from scratch. Spinach-and-feta-stuffed chicken. Pumpkin soup served in pumpkin shells. Omelets.

Zodiac sign: Aquarius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home